Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

Music Saves My Soul

I have 9 gigs of music and growing. I spend at least 2 hours everyday looking for new songs. I listen to my Ipod all the time at work. which is about 9 hours. I wake up everyday absolutely uninspired to be at work and then the Ipod takes over. I almost forget what I am actually doing. Its a way I cheat myself, I can be at work and somewhere else at the same time. Every song that I like takes me away somewhere. I start visualising the music, I start thinkin what could be the best video for this song or where should this song be placed in a video. It always starts exactly where I am at that instant. It sort of triggers a flow of sequences which justify the rhythm. All this while I am doing something else at work. Its like I am making some sort of short films everyday in my mind. Apparently film making is a process where I could do this for a living. I dont know much about it, but I know it sure does require creativity. I feel like I have it, its dormant but its there. I cant seem to trigger it easily, until music is on. Then I am in a trance, I am a cinematographer, I am a narrator, I am at work. Its like somebody opened my mind up. 2 things trigger it, the music am listening to and the location I am at. I am always convinced I can shoot a scene right here, like this, with this happening in it and this background music.

This is more of an explanation of the title of this blog than an introduction. I named it a while back and never wrote anything. Today I started wondering why I named it this. So this is it I guess, I am always directing somebody's story, whose? I don't know, maybe the person who made the song am listening to. But none of this can happen unless the music on, without it there's no story, there's no film, there's no film making there's only reality and who wants that eh

1 comment:

  1. Guess, it's the perfect present for your birthday.. A new beginning for something that you are so passionate about.. Good stuff, keep at it... & you can count on me to nudge you, prod you, egg you as you go along.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Search